Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Search Results for "Choistar"
Cangon Stud Announces 2-For-1 Breeding Offer
Set to commence their second season at Cangon Stud Farm, dual Gr1 winner Ad Valorem (USA) (Danzig-Classy Women, by Relaunch) and Gr2 winner Dubleo (USA) (Southern Halo-Secret Red, by Secretariat) will both stand at a fee of $4,400 (inc GST), while barn mate Choistar (Choisir – Sveldte, by Star Watch), a stakes-winning juvenile, will command a fee of $3,300 (inc GST). Ahead of the 2016 season Cangon Stud Farm’s Jock Mackay has realised the benefits of presenting breeders with opportunities to capitalise on his three well-bred stallions, deciding to introduce a 2-for-1 deal. By sending a mare to any of the stallions this season, the mare owner will then be able to send another mare to any of the stallions for free. With the progeny of all three stallions performing well on the track during the 2015-16 season, highlighted by the exciting Gr2-winning mare Two Blue (Dubleo (USA)), Cangon Stud Farm’s 2016 roster of stallions will afford breeders access at extremely competitive prices.
Choistar Joins 2013 Cangon Roster
In an exciting addition to the Hunter-based Cangon Stud Farm of Jaime and Jennifer Mackay, it has been announced that Choistar (Choisir - Sveldte, by Star Watch) will join the farm's stallion roster for the 2013 breeding season. A decisive 5-length winner of the Listed AJC Fernhill Hcp (1600m) as a 2YO, Choistar notched two wins and two seconds from only seven starts during his juvenile campaign. In the same season he was runner-up to eventual Gr2 Bill Stutt Stakes winner and Gr1 Caulfield Guineas runner-up Carrara in the Listed BTC Doomben Slipper (1350m), as well as taking fourth in the Gr1 QTC TJ Smith Classic (1600m). As a 3YO he returned for two runs, highlighted by a thirds in the Gr3 BRC Vo Rogue Plate (1350m) and BTC Gold Edition Hcp (1200m). Unfortunately, Choistar's promising career was cut short at his third start as a 3YO after being galloped on in the Listed $1M Magic Millions 3YO Trophy. During his abbreviated racing career, Choistar defeated subsequent Gr1-winners Shoot Out and Captain Sonador, and raced against top performers Onemorenomore, Tickets, Manhattan Rain and Graceful Anna at Gr1 level, including fifth in the Gr1 AJC Champagne Stakes. Choistar's dam Sveldte is by Star Watch, a sire-son of multiple Champion sire Bletchingly, by the breed shaping Star Kingdom. She was a 12-time winner over distances ranging from 1200m up to 2050m and has produced four winners including stakes-placed 2YO Smooth Groove (by Fasliyev) and 6-time winning, stakes-performed She's A Rockstar (by Rock of Gibraltar). His oldest progeny are yearlings of 2013-14. Choistar will debut at Cangon Stud Farm in 2013 for a fee of $6,600, joining stable mates Nothin' Leica Dane ($4,500), Recapitalize ($3,300) & Sea Battle ($5,000).
Choistar To Stand At Clear Mountain Fairview
Stakes-winning 2YO Choistar (Choisir-Sveldte, by Star Watch) will join the stallion roster at Clear Mountain Fairview as a freshman sire for the 2011 breeding season. The only son of multiple Gr1-winning shuttler & former star Australian sprinter Choisir (Danehill Dancer-Great Selection, by Lunchtime) to stand in Queensland, Choistar won the Listed AJC Fernhill Handicap by 5-lengths. The subject of a substantial offer from Hong Kong as a 2YO which was rejected, Choistar was 2nd favourite for the Gr1 TJ Smith Plate (1600m) at Eagle Farm & finished runner-up in the Listed Doomben Slipper (1350m). “Choistar competed with the best juveniles of his era and was always right in the finish,” Clear Mountain Fairview stud manager Mick Frappell said. “A big strong attractive stallion, we believe he is ready-made for Queensland mare owners who want to breed early maturing progeny & have a crack at the QTIS prize-money.” Choistar (a $67,500 yearling at the 2008 Magic Millions Gold Coast Sale & subsequently passed-in when he failed to reach his $175,000 reserve at the Magic Millions National Horses-In-Training Sale) had his career cut short after being galloped on in the 2010 $1 million Magic Millions 3YO Trophy. He retires with 2 wins & 4 placings from 10 starts for $158,800 earnings. Choistar will stand at $4,400 in his freshman year at stud.
ANZ Classifications: 3YO Colts & Geldings
- 122: So You Think
- 121: Starspangledbanner
- 117: Shootout, Wanted
- 116: Manhattan Rain, Monaco Consul
- 115: Denman, Descarado, Phelan Ready, Rock Classic, Zabrasive
- 114: Onemorenomore, Shellscrape
- 113: Extra Zero, King pulse, Latin News
- 112: Doubtful Jack, God Has Spoken
- 111: Captain Sonador, Carrara, Linton, Military Move, Tickets, Viking Legend
- 110: Chartreux, Demerit, Kidnapped, Monton, Shoot Out, Trusting
- 109: Corporal Jones, Gathering, Handsome Zulu, Hanks, More Than Great, Red Colossus, Shamoline Warrior, Stryker
- 108: Bridgestone, Delago Bolt, Kutchinsky, Sea Galleon, Southern Skye, Spacecraft, Thorn Dancer, Time Keeper
- 107: Billson, Home On A Wing, Keyora, Neeson, Porsched, Rockferry, Rothesay, Tenzing, Waratah’s Secret
- 106: Brightnight, Brothermak, Count Encosta, Hus Der Lieftan, Rarefied, Reward For Effort, The Corporation
- 105: Love Conquers All, Sir Hallowell
- 104: Al Dhafra, Clapton, Euphemism, Kid Choisir, Landlord, Morant, Most Immediate, The Hombre, The Mikado, Tierqualo, Token Of Honour, Tollespirit
- 103: Common Intrest, Corsaire, Eclaire Fastpass, Green Supreme, Nicastro, Silver Spur, Turf Express, Viking Hero, Zentrate
- 102: Broken, Choistar, Cosmocrat, Definite Choice, Dino Mak, Fifteen Carat, Guru Bob, Joey Massino, King Of The Mountains, King's Ransom, Kwassa Kwassa, Lochiel, Martial Art, Prince Of Wales, Sherpa Tenzing, Sniplaz, Star Of Octagonal, Storm Brewing, Take The Rap, Tee Emar, Thromso, Yabigorse
- 101: At The Heads, Bombay Sling, Dissolved, Encosta Belief, Gathering, Kaaptan, Lentini, Mighty Rossa, Offhanded, Rocket To Rio, Rundle, Saint Encosta
- 100: Brave The Way, Dampier Dayz, El Sonador, Governance, King Raedwald, Launay, Redhage, Riomoral, Sanderson, Shamardashing, Smart Twister, Temple of Boom, Tierqualo, Tribunal, Ture Persuasion, War Ends
Shoot Out Favourite For Gr1 TJ Smith Plate
Undefeated juvenile Shoot Out is the $3.30 favourite with Betchoice.com.au for tomorrow's Gr1 TJ Smith Plate (1600m) at Eagle Farm. Second elect at $4.80 is Choistar with Impulsive Dream quoted an $8 chance. (To view the latest market click on the link for updated betting on the TJ Smith Plate).
Carrara Wins Doomben Slipper
Blue Gum Farm's 5-time Gr1-winning stallion & 1st-crop sire Elvstroem (Danehill-Circles Of Gold, by Marscay) notched his 1st stakes-winner when juvenile colt Carrara (Elvstroem-Crystal Sprite, by Hurricane Sky) scored a half-length victory in the $100,000 Listed Doomben Slipper (1350m) for 2YOs at Doomben. Carrara (ridden by Nash Rawiller for trainer Tony Vasil) defeated fellow colt Choistar (Choisir-Sveldte, by Star Watch) & the gelding Taffy (Ihtiram-Heaven's Reply, by Staroka). Carrara (a $200,000 yearling consigned by Little Plains Stud at the 2008 Inglis Premier Sale in Melbourne) now has 2 wins & a placing (in last start's Listed Blue Sapphire Stakes over 1200m at Caulfield on May 2) from 3 starts for $88,225 earnings. (Click on the link for full race details from Group Race Results at AAP Racing.)
HK Offer For 2YO Colt Choistar
Hong Kong connections "have made an offer for quality colt Choistar, but its owners are waiting until tomorrow's run at Randwick before deciding," reported The Courier-Mail. Toowoomba part-owner & trainer Michael Flanigan confirmed "a substantial offer had already been rejected, but a good performance in the $400,000 Gr1 Champagne Stakes (1600m) at Royal Randwick in Sydney might increase his value". Flanigan told the newspaper: "Everything is for sale if the price is right." At his last start on April 13, Choistar (a $67,500 yearling at the 2008 Magic Millions Gold Coast Sale & subsequently passed-in when he failed to reach his $175,000 reserve at the Magic Millions National Horses-In-Training Sale) raced away for a 5-lengths victory in the Listed Fernhill Handicap (1600m) at Randwick & overall has 2 wins & a runner-up from 4 starts for $83,800 earnings.
Manhattan Rain Favourite For Gr1 Champagne Stakes
Last start Gr1 AJC Sires Produce Stakes winner Manhattan Rain is the $2.20 favourite with Betchoice to win tomorrow's Gr1 AJC Champagne Stakes (1600m) at Royal Randwick in Sydney. Second in the betting is Tickets at $2.50, followed by Choistar at $6.50. (To view the latest market click on the link for updated betting on the Champagne Stakes).