- SAJC Court Bid Fails To Stop Newspaper Revelations
- New Racing NSW Board Finally Announced
- NSWROA Welcomes New Independent Board
- Jockey 1% Prize Claim Before Today's ARB Meeting
- Total Aust Race Meetings Fall 14% In 2007-08
- 17,818 Live Foals In Aust 2007-08 Season
- Apache Cat Draws 2 But Douro Valley 13 In HK
- Apache Cat Owners Also Consider Dubai Trip
- Inglis Melb Premier Yearling Catalogue Now On-Line
- Scenic Leads Redoute's & Encosta On Aust Sires Table
- Encosta Leads Tale Of Cat & Volksraad On NZ Sires Table
- Aust-Bred Pure Theatre Son Wins In NZ
- Goffs Dec Flat Sale: 22.8% Clearance Rate
- Goffs Dec Flat Sale: $34k Oratorio Colt
- Goffs 2008 Gross Receipts Plunge 43%
- Planner Confirms Hollywood Park Future In Jeopardy
- US Gr2-Winning Sire Hoolie Moves To PB&J Farm
- US Gr2-Winning Sire Fire Slam Moves To Elite
- B&R's Galloping Horse Never Sleeps
17,818 Live Foals In Aust 2007-08 Season
Meanwhile on the breeding side of the thoroughbred industry, the Australian Racing Fact Book notes that for the 2007-08 season:
- There were 29,075 mares returned, resulting in 17,818 live foals (61.3%).
- 4,903 yearlings went under through the auction ring for a gross of $372,003,961.
- The highest selling yearling at an Australian public auction was a Redoute's Choice-Salameh colt sold at the Inglis Easter Sale in Sydney for $2.7 million.