Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Racing NSW Updates Injured Jockey Details
Meanwhile Racing NSW yesterday updated "the whereabouts of certain jockeys currently sidelined due to injury".
- Lachlan Fyfe: Fyfe "has just been moved to Royal Ryde Rehabilitation Centre & continues to make slow progress". Fyfe, 23, was rushed to Nepean Hospital following a nasty fall in a barrier trial at Hawkesbury on December 15.
- Peter Robl: Robl suffered a cracked vertebra in a race fall at Rosehill Gardens on the December 10 & is due for X-rays on January 27 "to see how it's going"; if those scans come back all clear, then he is likely to begin riding trackwork "a couple of weeks later".
- Alison Threadwell: The Newcastle-based apprentice "has undergone a series of spinal blocks to try & relieve some of the back pain caused from a trackwork accident in January (fractured vertebrae). Her doctors are now waiting to see how well the procedures have worked before any other decisions are made. She is still having physio & doing as much exercise as she is allowed to do in order to return as soon as possible."
- Paul Goode: Goode "has resumed riding trackwork, having tore ligaments in his knee after a fall at trackwork at Warwick Farm which required a knee reconstruction". He is "due to see the specialist on January 27 to get the 'all-clear' to resume race riding."
- Melissa Ralph: The Albury-based apprentice was kicked by a horse & suffered a broken femur in her leg & "will be out until approximately the end of October".
- Brett Poulus: Poulus was injured in a trackwork fall at Randwick & expects advise "it may be another 6-8 weeks" before he returns to the saddle.