- WA Star Gilded Venom Euthanased In Perth Vet Clinic
- El Segundo Set To Return This Weekend
- Amelia's Dream Returns To Randwick Trackwork
- Nicholson Says "Too Much Racing Major NSW Bugbear"
- NSW Stewards Probe Punter-Jockey Links
- More Jockey Deaths Than Boxers, Farmers & Truck Drivers
- Racing NSW Updates Injured Jockey Details
- Vic Stewards Push For Compulsory Padded Whips
- Mufhasa Full-Brother At NZB Karaka Sale
- King's Ransom Full-Sister At NZB Karaka Sale
- Vigor Half-Brother At NZB Karaka 2009
- Japan Trainer Eyes Melb Cup With Singapore Star
- California Study Of Racing Surfaces & Equine Injuries
- Unbeaten US Star Peppers Pride Retired & Booked To Tiznow
- US Eclipse Winner Hidden Lake Retired From Breeding
- Xtra Heat Dam Begin Euthanased Age 29
- US Gr3-Winner Chattahoochee War Retired To Hubbard
- US Gr2-Winner Air Commander Retired To Mighty Acres
- US Sire Dendrology To Stand At Outlaw Farm
- 4,000 Wins To US Jockey Elliott
- Thunder Gulch Adds Argentina Gr3
- B&R's Galloping Horse Never Sleeps
Racing NSW Updates Injured Jockey Details
Meanwhile Racing NSW yesterday updated "the whereabouts of certain jockeys currently sidelined due to injury".
- Lachlan Fyfe: Fyfe "has just been moved to Royal Ryde Rehabilitation Centre & continues to make slow progress". Fyfe, 23, was rushed to Nepean Hospital following a nasty fall in a barrier trial at Hawkesbury on December 15.
- Peter Robl: Robl suffered a cracked vertebra in a race fall at Rosehill Gardens on the December 10 & is due for X-rays on January 27 "to see how it's going"; if those scans come back all clear, then he is likely to begin riding trackwork "a couple of weeks later".
- Alison Threadwell: The Newcastle-based apprentice "has undergone a series of spinal blocks to try & relieve some of the back pain caused from a trackwork accident in January (fractured vertebrae). Her doctors are now waiting to see how well the procedures have worked before any other decisions are made. She is still having physio & doing as much exercise as she is allowed to do in order to return as soon as possible."
- Paul Goode: Goode "has resumed riding trackwork, having tore ligaments in his knee after a fall at trackwork at Warwick Farm which required a knee reconstruction". He is "due to see the specialist on January 27 to get the 'all-clear' to resume race riding."
- Melissa Ralph: The Albury-based apprentice was kicked by a horse & suffered a broken femur in her leg & "will be out until approximately the end of October".
- Brett Poulus: Poulus was injured in a trackwork fall at Randwick & expects advise "it may be another 6-8 weeks" before he returns to the saddle.