Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Racing Vic Response To Maxsted Report
Racing Victoria announced the recently released Melbourne Metropolitan Club review conducted by Lindsay Maxsted "will form an important component of its analysis of the structure, cost & efficiency of racing administration in Victoria aimed at maximising returns to participants in the racing industry". Among RV's comments are:
- A merger of the Moonee Valley Racing Club & Victoria Racing Club is supported.
- More effective use of capital resources is of paramount importance.
- At this point in time there is a requirement for 4 city tracks.
- Under consideration are potential developments of additional racing & training facilities at locations close to Melbourne, such as Cranbourne, Pakenham & Ballarat, the re-introduction of synthetic track racing & the transition to more night racing.
- The principle of the provision & maintenance of training facilities being an industry cost is accepted, provided the funding is based on agreed industry standards & is equitable & consistent across the State.