Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
5 Aust-Bred Winners In Hong Kong
In Hong Kong last night, 5 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Happy Valley (click on the horse name to watch a video replay of each race):
- 5YO gelding Smart Code (Bite The Bullet-Danair, by Air de France) won over 1650m for trainer Tony Cruz. Smart Code was a $15,000 yearling at the 2006 Magic Millions National Sale.
- 4YO gelding Elite Sixty-Six (Orientate-Siberie, by Caerleon) won over 1200m for expatriate Australian trainer John Moore. Elite Sixty-Six was a $150,000 yearling at the 2007 Inglis Easter Sale in Sydney.
- 4YO gelding Solar Up (Johannesburg-Whole Lotta Rosie, by Bigstone) won over 1200m for trainer Michael Chang. Solar Up was a $14,000 yearling at the 2006 Magic Millions Winter Sale, then a $34,000 yearling at the 2007 Magic Millions Gold Coast Sale & subsequently an $80,000 2YO at the 2007 NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 4YO gelding Jumbo Gold (Flying Spur-Spring Beauty, by Bletchingly) won over 1200m for trainer Caspar Fownes. Jumbo Gold was a $47,500 yearling at the 2007 Magic Millions Premier Sale on the Gold Coast & subsequently a NZ$280,000 2YO at the 2007 NZB Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 5YO gelding Implied Volatility (Flying Spur-Jeune Girl, by Jeune) won over 1800m for trainer Alex Wong. Implied Volatility was a $60,000 yearling at the 2006 Inglis Classic Sale in Sydney.